Green Venues in London
Sustainable meeting rooms, conference centres and training venues across Central London.
Cavendish Venues are leading the way in conference, meeting and event sustainability. Over our 25+ year history environmental sustainability has been a core value of Cavendish Venues. Major milestones include, landfill neutral certification in 2013 (the first London Venue to achieve that), enabling our clients to offset the carbon footprint of their event and delegate travel, to our active tree planting campaign.
We continue to build upon our position as London’s leading sustainable conference and meeting venues with:
- Subsidies offered to organisers who commit to recycling all their promotional material.
- Absolute commitment to our zero to landfill policy, all food waste is now composted in Mitcham, South East London.
- Year on year reductions in all waste streams. E.g. our menus were redesigned to offer more choice and less food waste.
- Year on year reductions in all inputs (energy, water, etc) in the centres – E.g. we are now using manned coffee stations rather than coffee machines, as the latter are far more energy inefficient. Localization of our supplier base to minimize carbon footprint – all meat is now sourced from a single farm less than 50km from all venues.
- All energy used in the venue is sustainably sourced (i.e. exempted from governments carbon levy)
- Winners of multiple awards, 2019 Conference Awards; Sustainable Venue of the Year & shortlisted for the 2020 award, result to be announced October 2020. Accredited by the City of London, Clean City Awards, and shortlisted for their sustainability award, results to be announced later this year. Winner 2020 Greengage sustainable venue of the year 2020.
Sustainability, we have been doing it for over 25 years now, although we don’t boast as such we do believe we are the meeting industry’s most formidable advocate in this area. Why not hold your next event at one of our green conference venues.
- View Grid
- View on Map
1 America Square, 17 Crosswall, London EC3N 2LB
Up to 270 delegates
22 Duchess Mews, London W1G 9DT
Up to 250 delegates
Our Latest Green Updates
Find out about our latest green initiatives and the ways we ensure our venues and the events our clients hold are as environmentally responsible as possible.
Another way to take the heat out of inflation, is to take the meat out of your diet. Choose a conference venue vegetarian-only delegate rate and we will not charge any increase – but this isn’t just about saving the pennies. Here at Cavendish,…
Once again we are supporting World Earth Day, we are one of the most sustainable venues London. PLANTING TREES / CARBON OFFSET: To the best of our knowledge we are the only conference venues in Central London with an active carbon offset policy, this…
This year is the 52nd anniversary of World Earth Day, a movement which came about as a result of an oil spill in Santa Barbara, California and is now a global movement. In 1990 two hundred million people in more than 141 nations participated…
Cavendish Venues are proud to support International Women’s ‘Gender equality today for a sustainable tomorrow”, a call for climate action for women by women. With the latest data, we now understand the vital link between gender, social equity and climate change, and recognise that…
Conference Venues London No meeting and conference venues London can ever be truly environmentally neutral, particularly one with venues based right in the centre of the city (West end Hallam & Cavendish Venues and America Square in the City of London) however we are…
To celebrate ‘Veganuary’ we are offering a 10% discount on all delegate rates in our London Conference Venues if you choose a vegan menu. We have completely rewritten our vegan menu’s gone are the old-fashioned and boring, in with some incredibly exciting and healthy options. The…
Cavendish Venues is delighted to announce that we have signed the Net Carbon Initiative first launched at the Cop conference in Glasgow, we are the first English Venue to sign the initiative, perhaps an indication of Cavendish Venues market leading approach to issues of…
For two years now we have been purchasing English wine. The environmental benefits are huge in terms of the significant transport miles incurred in importing continental wines let alone wine from as far away as New Zealand. Plus, we are buying directly from vineyards,…
Two years ago in partnership with the Country Landowners Association, we launched an initiative whereby we planted an initial 300 trees, see here. We have extended this many times. So far we have planted over 600 trees. THANK YOU for all the confirmations. We…
5th December 2023
“Thanks so much for yesterday. We were very happy with the venue and I will definitely be spreading the word around our office to anyone looking for an external venue in London.”
4th December 2023
“I just wanted to send a note to thank you for yesterday. Our event ran smoothly, and we loved the space! Thank you for your flexibility in moving some of the furniture around, and also the catering was perfect.”
21st November 2023
“Last week went great, we had our washup meeting earlier this week and there was nothing but positive things about the venue and your team. The food was also great as well, so can’t say enough how impressed we were.”
23rd November 2023
“I can’t thank you enough for the really fantastic experience at your venue and for helping us host a great event. I’m fairly sure I will be coming back to you next year.”