Green Venues in London
Sustainable meeting rooms, conference centres and exhibition space in central London.
Cavendish Venues are leading the way in conference, meeting and event sustainability. Last year we were the first London venues to become accredited landfill neutral.
We continue to build on our position as London’s leading sustainable conference and meeting venues with:
- First venue in London to introduce a bespoke carbon calculator for events held at our venues.
- Subsidies offered to organisers who commit to recycling all their promotional material.
- Absolute commitment to our zero to landfill policy, all food waste is now composted in Mitcham, South East London.
- Year on year reductions in all waste streams. E.g. our menus were redesigned to offer more choice and less food waste.
- Year on year reductions in all inputs (energy, water, etc) in the centres – E.g. we are now using manned coffee stations rather than coffee machines, as the latter are far more energy inefficient. Localization of our supplier base to minimize carbon footprint – all meat is now sourced from a single farm less than 50km from all venues.
- All energy used in the venue is sustainably sourced (i.e. exempted from governments carbon levy)
- Winners of multiple awards, 2019 Conference Awards; Sustainable Venue of the Year & shortlisted for the 2020 award, result to be announced October 2020. Accredited by the City of London, Clean City Awards, and shortlisted for their sustainability award, results to be announced later this year. Winner 2020 Greengage sustainable venue of the year 2020.
Sustainability, we have been doing it for nigh on 20 years now, although we don’t boast as such we do believe we are the meeting industry’s most formidable advocate in this area. Why not hold your next event at one of our green conference venues.
- View Grid
- View on Map
1 America Square, 17 Crosswall, London EC3N 2LB
Up to 270 delegates
22 Duchess Mews, London W1G 9DT
Up to 250 delegates
Our Latest Green Updates
Find out about our latest green initiatives and the ways we ensure our venues and the events our clients hold are as environmentally responsible as possible.
Here at America Square Conference Centre we are delighted to have won this award. It reflects our own journey as we seek to move our conference venues beyond recycling to a more conscious focus on decoupling the link whereby whenever we grow, we increase…
According to Love Food Hate Waste, UK households waste 4.5m tonnes of edible food each year, enough to fill 90 Royal Albert Halls. Growing, processing, packaging and transporting the food we eat all contribute to climate change. And then when we throw it away,…
Veganuary – 10% Discount if Vegan Menus are chosen! To celebrate ‘Veganuary’ we are offering conference and event organisers a 10% discount on all Day Delegate Rates if you chose a vegan menu. We have completely rewritten our vegan menu’s gone are the old…
OUR VENUES: America Square Conference Centre: A modern city venue with a historic twist – A part of the original Roman Wall runs through event spaces and is the main feature of the venue. There are 5 conference rooms with capacities up to 270…
Last year in partnership with the Country Landowners Association we started an initiative whereby we planted an initial 300 trees, see here. Throughout 2019 and 2020 we widened this. We planted a tree for every enquiry received, we planted a tree for bookings, we…
This scheme was sent up in The scheme was set up in 1994 to develop partnerships with all types of City businesses by raising the profile of responsible waste management and recognising and rewarding good practice by encouraging businesses to ‘Reduce, Reuse and Recycle’….
Cycling remains a great way to keep fit and active and is a good way to boost immunity, it’s also great for your mental well-being. Cycling is also the most sustainable transport method because its fuel supply cannot run out and it is accessible…
We are constantly looking at all aspects of our operation to reduce our environmental impact. As such in 2020 we have introduced a Vegan menu selector CLICK HERE for details. Not only a vegan lunch but an entire vegan delegate rate encompassing: 4 Servings…
Delighted to once again show incremental improvements in our overall recycling rates, please see the attached report. The month on month improvement would have been greater but for the fact that during January we hosted a 3 week conference for a leading restaurant group…
September to December 2020
“I just wanted to say a massive personal thank you to you, Richard and the rest of the team who have helped with our meetings over the last few months.
It’s been a real challenge but I dread to think where we would be right…
University West of England
20th October 2020
“It went really well! Everyone was pleased. Your guys did an amazing job”
The Housing Forum
20th October 2020
“Despite a few challenges with the AV at the beginning everything worked really well and we were very happy with the venue, space and staff. We found the staff to be very helpful and you all worked incredibly hard under the circums…