Green Venues in London
Sustainable meeting rooms, conference centres and exhibition space in central London.
Cavendish Venues are leading the way in conference, meeting and event sustainability. Last year we were the first London venues to become accredited landfill neutral.
We continue to build on our position as London’s leading sustainable conference and meeting venues with:
- First venue in London to introduce a bespoke carbon calculator for events held at our venues.
- Subsidies offered to organisers who commit to recycling all their promotional material.
- Absolute commitment to our zero to landfill policy, all food waste is now composted in Mitcham, South East London.
- Year on year reductions in all waste streams. E.g. our menus were redesigned to offer more choice and less food waste.
- Year on year reductions in all inputs (energy, water, etc) in the centres – E.g. we are now using manned coffee stations rather than coffee machines, as the latter are far more energy inefficient. Localization of our supplier base to minimize carbon footprint – all meat is now sourced from a single farm less than 50km from all venues.
- All energy used in the venue is sustainably sourced (i.e. exempted from governments carbon levy)
- Winners of multiple awards, 2019 Conference Awards; Sustainable Venue of the Year & shortlisted for the 2020 award, result to be announced October 2020. Accredited by the City of London, Clean City Awards, and shortlisted for their sustainability award, results to be announced later this year. Winner 2020 Greengage sustainable venue of the year 2020.
Sustainability, we have been doing it for nigh on 20 years now, although we don’t boast as such we do believe we are the meeting industry’s most formidable advocate in this area. Why not hold your next event at one of our green conference venues.
- View Grid
- View on Map
1 America Square, 17 Crosswall, London EC3N 2LB
Up to 270 delegates
22 Duchess Mews, London W1G 9DT
Up to 250 delegates
Our Latest Green Updates
Find out about our latest green initiatives and the ways we ensure our venues and the events our clients hold are as environmentally responsible as possible.
This year is the 52nd anniversary of World Earth Day, a movement which came about as a result of an oil spill in Santa Barbara, California and is now a global movement. In 1990 two hundred million people in more than 141 nations participated…
Cavendish Venues are proud to support International Women’s ‘Gender equality today for a sustainable tomorrow”, a call for climate action for women by women. With the latest data, we now understand the vital link between gender, social equity and climate change, and recognise that…
Conference Venues London No meeting and conference venues London can ever be truly environmentally neutral, particularly one with venues based right in the centre of the city (West end Hallam & Cavendish Venues and America Square in the City of London) however we are…
There is no need to cancel events because of the new covid-19 variant, the health secretary Sajid Javid has reassured the public. This includes conferences and meetings. Speaking this morning on the 1st of December Javid said people should not be thinking about cancelling…
For two years now we have been purchasing English wine. The environmental benefits are huge in terms of the significant transport miles incurred in importing continental wines let alone wine from as far away as New Zealand. Plus, we are buying directly from vineyards,…
Last year in partnership with the Country Landowners Association we started an initiative whereby we planted an initial 300 trees, see here. We have widened this a number of times. We now plant a tree for every enquiry received, we plant a tree for…
Here at America Square Conference Centre we are delighted to have won this award. It reflects our own journey as we seek to move our conference venues beyond recycling to a more conscious focus on decoupling the link whereby whenever we grow, we increase…
According to Love Food Hate Waste, UK households waste 4.5m tonnes of edible food each year, enough to fill 90 Royal Albert Halls. Growing, processing, packaging and transporting the food we eat all contribute to climate change. And then when we throw it away,…
Veganuary – 10% Discount if Vegan Menus are chosen! To celebrate ‘Veganuary’ we are offering conference and event organisers a 10% discount on all Day Delegate Rates if you chose a vegan menu. We have completely rewritten our vegan menu’s gone are the old…
11th May 2022
“A mahoosive THANK YOU SO MUCH for all of your help on Wednesday, you and all of your team were absolute superstars and nothing was too much trouble for you all.”
11th & 12th May 2022
“Thank you again for doing such a phenomenal job and supporting us during our events last week!”
30th March 2022
“The facilities, AV production was excellent. The food was delicious and all afternoon we kept having feedback from delegates and speakers how much they enjoyed the food!
My team and I, were really impressed with the level …
19 March 2022
“I would like to say a huge thank you to the team at Cavendish – Renata, Richard & Franciska we’re amazing and supportive! Food was delicious also AV went perfectly and Richard was simply brilliant and supportive&#…