Work for our Award-winning company as Venue Operations Manager – America Square at Cavendish Venues
Job Title: Venue Operations Manager
Reporting to: Partner & Director
Purpose of role: To oversee the running of the Venue.
Hours: Full time, 40 hours per week (and as required).
Working pattern: According to business demands.
Salary: £25,000 – £30,000 p.a depending on experience
The Post: America Square at Cavendish Venues seeks a Venue Operations Manager. The role will require experience in hospitality, specifically selling and running Corporate and Private events, as well as the ability to support colleagues to grow the group’s already established department through successful marketing. We are looking for a proactive and hardworking individual, with excellent communication skills and the ability to multitask and work to competing deadlines. You should have great attention to detail and be a strong team player. Tasks will include:
- Dealing with clients as to all requirements for their forthcoming events i.e. menus, room layouts, signage, Audio Visual etc.
- Showing potential clients around the venue.
- Co-ordinating with out-sourced parties Mayfair Catering and AVE.
- Preparation of function sheets on a weekly basis, encouraging a weekly operational team meeting takes place between all relevant parties.
- Ensuring, on a daily basis, all events run smoothly to clients’ satisfaction.
- Ensure a safe environment for clients and staff alike at all times.
- Ensure all staff, clients and any contractors are aware of fire and evacuation procedures.
- Ensure all events comply with current health and safety records.
- Prepare work permits for outside contractors.
- Ensure rooms are laid to clients’ specification and manage the porters and their hours accordingly.
- Implement an effective regime for the regular cleaning and maintenance of the venue.
- Ensure all facilities within the centre are in working order and maintained to a high standard.
- Work closely with the Accounting team to ensure all final numbers and additional charges etc are correct for final invoicing.
- Pro-actively developing the company’s data base.
- Following up clients, post event to ensure they book with us in the future.
- Attend a monthly team meeting.
- Where necessary assist at other venues within the Cavendish Venues Group.
- The Venue Manager must be a First Aider or if not then America Square will provide the training to accomplish this task.
- Upsell as much as possible within the venue.
America Square brings together the contemporary with the uniquely historic in bright, innovative spaces located amongst the architectural landmarks and in the City of London’s Square Mile.
The iconic Richard Rogers designed Lloyds of London building is 100m away as is the Gherkin, etc. The historic Roman London Wall runs through the venue providing a memorable backdrop to conferences, AGM’s, exhibitions, product launches, training seminars, dinners and drinks receptions. America Square an ideal venue for large conferences or even intimate IT training across a series of seven suites, an outstanding, complete and modern central London venue. The brilliant branding opportunities offered by large plasma screens and from the wall projectors as you enter the spacious and newly-refurbished lounge area, make it a venue popular for exclusive use be it for conferences or even Oscars-themed company ceremonies alike.
For conferences, product launches, training & drinks receptions, we have 7 award-winning central London Cavendish Venues: from a state-of-the-art auditorium to 2 traditional Grade II-listed buildings in the West End to a contemporary setting with a unique Roman London Wall in the City. Our personable team can check availability across all venues saving time, offering several options & all consistent with competitive commissionable rates. All DDRs include a separate area for a 3 course hot fork buffet lunch. With rapid response times within 2 hours if not over the phone, we’re reliable to assist your events at Cavendish Venues.
Contact: To apply please send a letter or an email with your CV explaining how you qualify for the role, what you would bring to it, and why it is a natural next career step for you, to Rachel at: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Closing date for applications: 30th September 2016
020 7706 7700
At Cavendish Venues we are committed to exceeding your expectations, and with over 93% repeat business we know we're doing something right!