When will Cavendish Venues Re-Open ?
Perhaps Holland offers some example. Yesterday the Dutch Prime Minster announced a detailed time table as to when different industries would be re-opening, welcome clarity! I guess for the conference venues in London the key points are that places of assembly can open for up to 100 attendees as long as social distancing of 1.5m is followed from the 1st of July.
The basic rules are as follows:
- Keep to the 1.5-metre distance rule
- Avoid crowds
- Work from home as much as possible
- Wash your hands often
- Do you have flu-like symptoms? Stay home! Are you also having trouble breathing and / or do you have a fever? All family members must stay home.
Step 1: May 11, 2020
- Primary schools are to reopen.
- “Contact” professions can be carried out again (hairdressers, nail salons, driving instructors etc.), by appointment only. Face mask not compulsory.
- Libraries are to reopen.
- Non-contact sports can be practised again (tennis, golf etc.). Competitions not allowed.
- Meetings / gatherings of 10 people are allowed, but you are to keep your distance.
- As a test, 25 nursing homes will be allowed to have visitors again.
Step 2: June 1, 2020
- Public transport will run again according to the normal schedule. Face masks compulsory (non-medical).
- Secondary schools to reopen.
- Terraces will reopen. Everyone needs to be seated at a table and keep the obligatory 1.5-metre distance.
- Restaurants, museums, theatres and cinemas can reopen. Max. 30 people. Reservations needed, as well as adhering to the 1.5-metre distance rule.
- Everyone who has coronavirus symptoms should be able to be tested.
Step 3: July 1, 2020
- Holiday parks and campsites are to reopen, including public sanitary facilities.
- Restaurants, theatres and cinemas can have a max. of 100 visitors. Reservations needed, as well as adhering to the 1.5-metre distance rule.
- Churches, mosques, congress centres and crematoriums are allowed 100 visitors. This also includes weddings.
Step 4: September 1, 2020
- Sex clubs, saunas and casinos to reopen.
- Contact sports can be practised again and gyms are to reopen.
- Certain events and competitions will be allowed, terms and conditions will apply.
The government has not yet made a decision when it comes to holding large events, such as festivals and concerts. This decision will likely be made before September 1.
Travelling is still restricted to essential travel only. Easing up this rule will also depend on other countries.
Working from home
The NOS reports it is likely that working from home will remain the norm for the rest of the year, as well as keeping a 1.5-metre distance from others, washing your hands and coughing in your elbows. However, the message of the Dutch government of “stay home as much as possible” has been changed to “stay home if you have symptoms”.
If you are looking for a meeting or conference venue in Central London with a clear and transparent plan as to how we can will be re-opening when current crises begins to Wane, look no further than Cavendish Venues. If you are looking for award winning London conference venues with meeting rooms in the City of London and the West End, offering the possible hybrid conference venues in Central London then Cavendish Venues must be the first choice.
At Cavendish Venues we are committed to exceeding your expectations, and with over 93% repeat business we know we're doing something right!