We are recruiting for our new Assistant Diary Manager!
Assistant Diary Manager
Overview of the role
Work as part of a team of two to ensure that all the rooms at the Cavendish Conference Venues www.cavendishconferencevenues.co.uk are maximising their potential revenue. This is primarily a reactive role dealing with the 150+ enquiries which we process each week. The candidate will be expected to work on the phone and by email to ensure that all enquiries are dealt with in a highly professional and timely manner from beginning to end. This will involve preparing the original quote, placing the enquiry onto our booking system (training will be given) chasing any other client provisionally holding space, etc.
Cavendish Conference Centres themselves are a group of 5 Central London Conference Centres. We specialize in business to business daytime conferences. The company is proud of the fact that it has always taken a people first attitude to all that is does, be it clients or staff. We have a phenomenally high level of both client and staff retention (no-one was let go through the current recession)
- Diary Management experience at a comparable venue. (preferable)
- Good computer skills and proficient in Word and outlook
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrable organization skills.
- Excels at operating at a fast pace.
- Excellent people manager, open to direction and work style and commitment to get the job done
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view
- Persuasive with details and facts
Reporting to the head of our diary team this position’s primary responsibility is ensuring organizational effectiveness by maximizing the use of the Companies meeting space to its full potential!
Working with the management team, the position also contributes to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies and practices.
- Work with the Diary Manager to effectively maximize the yield for all rooms.
- Ensure all enquiries are efficiently processed from beginning to end; this involves balancing the competing needs of many of our clients.
- Improve, where need be, our administrative systems, in order to run and organize the revenue and reservations operation.
- Liaise with the Sales Executive and the Directors.
- Increase exposure at all times in order to gain maximum return.
- Regular meetings with Operations/Sales in order to devise a plan to maximize the ‘late availability’ of space Last minute e-mail alerts!.
- On a weekly basis take an overall view of the diary to ensure we are truly seeing the big picture.
Responsibilities by Function
- Liaise with the FD in order that an achieavable budget is forecast.
- Target the FD to input a monthly Revenue plan so you can see how much business is already booked against what needs to be achieved in each venue.
- Manage Diaries.
- Drive initiatives in the management team and organizationally that contribute to long-term maximization of use of all meeting space.
- Contribute to short and long-term organizational planning and strategy as a member of the team
- First Aider
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org before the 19th November 2019
At Cavendish Venues we are committed to exceeding your expectations, and with over 93% repeat business we know we're doing something right!