We are opening!
Last week events, exhibitions and conference centres were finally acknowledged by the government and were given a more detailed guidance for reopening! Conferences and exhibitions will be allowed to take place from 1st October and until then we are permitted to host trainings, meetings and other business events for up to 30 people as long as social distancing can be maintained and we can demonstrate our conference centres have followed the COVID-19 guidance.
Cavendish Venues have invested a lot of time and effort in preparing for reopening and we can confidently announce that we are READY! Following the guidance and advice provided by the government and Meetings Industry Association we have already implemented and are strictly adhering to the extensive safety protocols, some of these including, but not limited to:
- Floor mats regularly sprayed with disinfecting solution
- All handrails, door handles, lift panels and other touch points disinfected every hour
- Restrooms assigned with attendants to carry out cleaning and disinfecting work
- Tables and chairs disinfected regularly
- All staff members required to wear protective workwear
- All visitors encouraged to wear face coverings (we will provide complementary face masks where necessary)
- Hand sanitizing stations provided throughout the venues
- Temperature checks for all staff members when reporting for duty every day and details recorded.
- Temperature checks for all visitors entering the venue
- Waste bins for disposal of used face masks, gloves and wipes provided and emptied regularly
- Signage specifying social distancing measures, hygiene rules and two-way systems placed around the venues
- Clients will be requested to stagger arrival / departure times and catering breaks to reduce overcrowding
- Individual water bottles will be provided for each guest
- On arrival every person entering the building will need to have their temperature checked
- Please use sanitising hand gel provided at the entrance to sanitise your hands and follow up with a visit to the washrooms
- If you have a mask/face covering, please use it at all times where possible
- If you have not got a mask/face covering, the Venue will provide one
- Disposable gloves and sanitising gel are available at sanitising stations
- Disinfectant wipes available at each catering station, reception and conference office
- At all times, where possible, stay LEFT when moving around the venue by following the signage and floor markings
- Maintain safe/social distancing of minimum 1 meter or 2 meters where possible.
General Hygiene Rules for Visitors and Staff:
- Wash your hands after using the toilet, before eating, and if you cough/sneeze into your hands (follow the 20-second hand-washing rule). You can also use the sanitizers you’ll find around the venue.
- Cough/sneeze into your sleeve, preferably into your elbow. If you use a tissue, discard it properly and clean/sanitize your hands immediately.
- Avoid touching your face, particularly eyes, nose, and mouth with your hands to prevent from getting infected
Catering Covid-19 Policy
The catering team at Cavendish Venues is proud of our high standards in food hygiene as reflected in FSA ratings and 5 star food hygiene ratings at all of our venues.
In addition to the above, we have made the following adjustments to accommodate new ways of working post Coronavirus
- Prior to returning to work, all staff are required to complete a Staff Health Declaration.
- All staff receive Covid Awareness Training including rules on social distancing and new hygiene measures.
- All staff have been supplied with Personal Protective Equipment which must be worn at all times.
- One member of staff per venue has been designated as a ‘Covid Champion’ with responsibility to monitor that Covid control procedures are being followed.
- All back of house staff ‘chefs and kitchen porters’ will also follow strict hygiene and social distancing rules
- Each venue is audited by CFS (Food safety auditing).
- All suppliers are checked for Covid-19 compliance.
Conference Lunch and Breaks:
- The catering area will be regulated to reduce overcrowding and ensure social distancing is maintained.
- Individually packed lunches/ Bento boxes available as a safe buffet option.
- Hot/Cold bowl food options are available and will be individually packed
- All catering packages are made from eco-friendly materials.
- Condiments, milk, sugar and biscuits will be individually packed.
- Eco-friendly disposable cups are available.
- Queuing systems will be put in place to maintain social distancing
- Increased cleaning and disinfection of frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Hand-sanitiser and wipes will be provided.
We understand, that some people may still be a bit hesitant to use public transport, so in addition to the safety processes we are also offering an option of hybrid conferences, where conferences at the physical location are hosted with a virtual aspect. Our gold hybrid package offers an online platform with virtual conference venue, virtual exhibition space, virtual meeting rooms, interactive video networking and many other interactive aspects, we call it “the next best thing”
In addition to hybrid conferences we also work with the best event diagramming software in the business, which allows us to create very precise floor plans with social distancing rules applied and also create 3D models of these for anyone who is worried about capacities in our conference rooms.
If you’d like to hear more or enquire about one of our conference venues, then please do get in touch, we’d be delighted to help!
At Cavendish Venues we are committed to exceeding your expectations, and with over 93% repeat business we know we're doing something right!