We are hiring!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Operations Assistant at our America Square Conference Centre.
We are a city conference centre located close to Tower Bridge and we host over 500 business to business conferences and events every year.
About the role
In the role you will work with the on-site team and the venue manager to ensure that all events at the venue run to plan and clients are well looked after. America square events venue prides itself on outstanding customer service, you will be an integral part of this.
- Liaise with the client prior to the event to ensure that both sides have a clear and documented understanding of what is expected.
- Work with the onsite teams to ensure that the client’s expectations are met and exceeded.
Specific duties will include:
- Issuing contracts and deposit invoices to clients.
- Conducting site visits
- Liaising with clients regarding their catering, audio visual, rooms layout and any other logistical questions
- Drawing up function sheets and distributing these to all relevant teams
- On the day of event – checking room layouts, lighting, temperature etc, ensuring service levels are being adhered to, feeding back any inconsistencies to the ops team.
- Spending time on the floor assisting clients on event days
- Assisting the senior management with daily operations of the venue
- Attending any relevant operational meetings
- Assisting with social media and other digital marketing management
- May have to assist in other Cavendish Venues depending on business levels
- Though the vast majority of our events are daytime events we do have some early starts and late finishes, you will be required to occasionally work early or late shifts. Early shifts normally start from 7/8 am and late shifts can sometimes end at 10/11 pm.
This role requires you to build strong working relationships with all members of the Conference and Events department and relevant support departments. We are looking for an enthusiastic, confident and organised individual who enjoys interacting with people. Ideally you would have some relevant experience within the hospitality industry, but we would also consider candidates with experience in non-relevant busy customer facing positions. Full training will be provided.
We would expect the candidate to have at least basic Word and PPT skills, excellent communication skills and good grammatical skills.
If you are interested in this position and are entitled to work in the UK, please send us a copy of your CV and cover-letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- RT @UKHospKate: Welsh Govt response to FOI re covid passes - no guarantee where someone caught covid therefore no data and presumab… https://t.co/PaWXh69NFa,
- RT @UKHospKate: Great to join the opening event for the new @theLOUNGERS Castano Lounge - fab new addition to Ealing … https://t.co/Xa6HJliUlb,
At Cavendish Venues we are committed to exceeding your expectations, and with over 93% repeat business we know we're doing something right!