The Future of Conferences after Covid-19
We are all desperate for end of this crisis, or at least some glimpse of the tunnels end. So far nothing in sight, well perhaps a glimmer in Scotland! It occurred to me that the way the government handles their own affairs might shed some light on how they will expect the rest of us to act, in the absence of words maybe actions is all we have.
The House of Commons is in many ways just another conference centre! Albeit it in this case one where social distancing seems not to have been enforced! Now that belatedly they seem to have a system in place, we think it might offer a model as to how we will soon be able to operate. In the House of Commons with their incredibly antiquated chamber, (built 1852) they have reduced their capacity from 437 theatre style (the number who can actually sit in the place as opposed to the 650 actual MP’s) to 50, with another 120 or so attending via Zoom.
At Cavendish Venues we are deploying our cutting-edge room planning software so that we can offer conference and meeting bookers bespoke plans for conference bookers showing the maximum numbers we can place in individual rooms whilst adhering to current social distancing guidelines. Please do get in touch www.cavendishvenues.com for our revised capacities, thankfully they are not quite as tight as the House of Commons, perhaps because are facilities are somewhat more modern!
Our intention is to combine this with the best practise from around the world. To this end we have been contacting conference and meeting venues in China and the Far East. Our current base line is:
- Floor mats are sprayed with diluted bleach every two hours.
- All handrails, door handles and lift panels are disinfected every hour.
- All restrooms are assigned with attendants during events to carry out on-going cleaning and disinfecting work.
- Tables and chairs in exhibition venues are disinfected twice a day.
- All frontline staff members are required to wear face masks.
- Food handlers working are required to wear face masks.
- Hand sanitizing gel is readily available at Customer Service Counters and throughout the venue
- Temperature check for all staff members when reporting duty every day is in place and recorded.
- Temperature check for contractor workers at the contractor entrances is in place.
- Temperature check for all visitors entering the venues.
- Special rubbish bins for disposal of used face masks are provided at Centre exit points and offices.
- We will attempt to source coronavirus tests for all staff members.
Cavendish Conference Venues will of course continue to closely monitor the latest situation of the novel coronavirus infection, and will follow the guideline issued by the Government’s Department of Health, and will strengthen relevant measures if necessary.
- Respondents globally reported that 2023 would be the year when meetings and business events revenue surpassed 2019… https://t.co/d9omfw1TY3,
- RT @Headlinemoney_: Money writers at #HMMasterclass return after delicious lunch at @CavendishUK America Square Conference Centre! Rea… https://t.co/VUB1s58ohO,
At Cavendish Venues we are committed to exceeding your expectations, and with over 93% repeat business we know we're doing something right!