Speedy Banana (& anything else you like) Muffins
As another weeks zooms past us, spare a thought for all those bananas currently browning in food bowls around the country now that the initial banana bread craze has worn off…
If, like me, you haven’t learnt your lesson and still buy bananas, only for them to go brown and sad, here’s a more interesting and easy way to use them up.
These muffins will take you less than five minutes to get into the oven, and you can jazz them up with chocolate chips, nuts or any of your favourite spreads – think Biscoff and Nutella…!
This recipe will make 4 delicious muffins. If you have two sad bananas, feel free to double up on the recipe.
- 1 large very ripe banana
- 50g caster sugar
- 1 large egg white
- 25ml vegetable oil
- 60g plain flour (you can use self-raising flour, just don’t add the baking powder or bicarbonate of soda)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch of salt
- Dash of cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Large handful of chocolate chips or nuts (optional)
- Your preferred spread: Nutella, Biscoff, peanut butter etc. (optional)
How to do it:
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a muffin tin/cupcake tin with four muffin cases (or just grease the tin).
- In a bowl, completely mash banana with a potato masher or fork.
- Add the sugar, egg white, and oil. Stir with a spoon or whisk until just combined (mixture will still be lumpy).
- Add the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir until just combined. If desired, stir in optional chocolate chips/nuts.
- Bake for 18 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the muffins comes out mostly clean and the tops of the muffins begin to turn golden.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely (if you can resist them for that long!).
Don’t forget to share any of your baking photos with us on social media.
Keep yourselves safe, and we’ll see you very soon!
At Cavendish Venues we are committed to exceeding your expectations, and with over 93% repeat business we know we're doing something right!