Final Results Of Events Research Programme
The final results of the Events Research programme have been published. These are government-run / administered events seeking to ascertain the safety of amongst other things conferences and meetings in light of the covid risk. More details at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/events-research-programme-phase-ii-and-iii-findings
Some of the main findings are:
- There was little evidence of increased transmission by attendance at the following categories of events (although these should be treated with caution due to capacity constraints in operation at the time):
§ mainly outdoor seated
§ mainly outdoor partially seated
§ indoor seated theatre events inc conferences and meetings
- Environmental and behavioural risk factors associated with COVID-19 transmission at events are complex and contextual.
- Good air quality, for the given occupancy levels, was found in nearly all venues, however, there were situations leading to poor air quality in some spaces: mostly due to pockets of overcrowding but occasionally due to ventilation strategies needing improvement.
- Individual risk while attending an event is dependent on social interactions, interaction with the environment, and on the individual journey through an event.
- Attendance at the mainly outdoor unseated events studied (Goodwood, Latitude and Tramlines) was associated with a 1.7 fold increased risk of COVID-19 transmission amongst attendees (albeit from a very low baseline).
For full details of Cavendish Venues and our Covid policies see HERE. Uniquely Cavendish Venues are offering FREE COVID CANCELLATION INSURANCE. We will pay the cost of taking out insurance to cover the cost of cancellation if you have to cancel your conference or meeting as a result of a government-imposed lockdown occurring as a result of coronavirus. This is an altogether unique offer, it takes much of the financial risk out of booking a conference or meeting with ourselves.
At Cavendish Venues we are committed to exceeding your expectations, and with over 93% repeat business we know we're doing something right!