Meeting Spaces Are Thriving Again – All of Covid restrictions from 24th February!
Here at Cavendish Venues are very happy to hear about the exciting news of Covid restrictions to be lifted on February 24th…there will be many more people wanting to put enquires in for conference and meeting spaces which means business will be booming as they were before pandemic.
In a statement in the House of Commons this afternoon Prime Minister Boris Johnson outlined the UK Government’s plan for living with COVID-19.
The Prime Minister said that the UK Government will continue to work closely with the Devolved Administrations, but the ongoing approach for England will be around four principles, including:
The Steps of Covid Restrictions Being Lifted
1. The removal of all domestic restrictions in law.
From Thursday, 24 February:
The legal requirement to self-isolate following a positive test will end. Self-isolation support payments will also end. COVID provisions for Statutory Sick Pay will still be able to be claimed for a further month.
Routine contact tracing will end. Fully vaccinated close contacts and those under 18 will no longer be asked to test daily for seven days.
The legal requirement for close contacts who are not fully vaccinated to self-isolate will be removed.
Until 1 April, people who test positive will still be advised to stay at home. After April 1 people with Covid-19 symptoms will be advised to exercise personal responsibility.
From 1 April:
Free symptomatic and asymptomatic testing for the general public will end.
The UK Government will no longer recommend the use of voluntary COVID19-status certification, although the NHS app will continue to allow people to indicate their vaccination status for international travel.
2. Continuing to protect the most vulnerable with targeted vaccines and treatments.
3. Maintaining resilience: ongoing surveillance, contingency planning and the ability to reintroduce key capabilities such as mass vaccination and testing in an emergency
4. Securing innovations and opportunities from the COVID-19 response, including investment in life sciences.
A copy of the full plan is available HERE.
Cavendish Venues are committed to following best practise in all of our central London conference and meeting spaces be that large conference and exhibition rooms in the City of London or smaller meeting and seminar rooms in the West End of London. For full details of our Covid policies see HERE.
- Respondents globally reported that 2023 would be the year when meetings and business events revenue surpassed 2019… https://t.co/d9omfw1TY3,
- RT @Headlinemoney_: Money writers at #HMMasterclass return after delicious lunch at @CavendishUK America Square Conference Centre! Rea… https://t.co/VUB1s58ohO,
At Cavendish Venues we are committed to exceeding your expectations, and with over 93% repeat business we know we're doing something right!