Mayfair Cavendish & ICO Conference Centres: Possibly Londonâ€™s greenest, most socially responsible venues.
A recent article in Conference News (Oct 07) lauds one of our competitors green credentials. These are all initiatives we introduced some years ago i.e. amongst other things:
- We use locally sourced mineral water, in fully recycled bottles
- Every endeavour is made to source food locally, certainly all-catering supplies purchased under fair trade principals as per our understanding of the FINE definition.
- We are about to introduce a composting service for all surplus catering products
- A range of initiatives has been introduced to minimise waste in this respect, i.e. getting rid of paper coasters, using linen tablecloths and napkins, reusable delegate packs etc.
- Where practicable all items are made from recycled materials i.e. coasters and pencils
- All stationary items are produced to ISO 14001 standards.
- All energy supplied 100% green and so not subject to climate levy
- We have introduced some of the most advanced air conditioning plant in the UK, with in excess of 80% of the energy used being recovered.
- Wherever possible items are recycled, we have regular pick up of all the major recyclable items.
- Through our partnership with the International Coffee Organisation we pay up to 33% of our profits to a body actively promoting better conditions for coffee producers in the developing world while promoting sustainability.
- We offer an active programme of training and work opportunities to local people.
- We offer discounts of up to 66% to various charities.
- We will be fully carbon neutral by Christmas 2007
Â If anyone has any suggestions as to further practical steps we can take please do email me on firstname.lastname@example.org
At Cavendish Venues we are committed to exceeding your expectations, and with over 93% repeat business we know we're doing something right!