London Wall In Our City Conference Venue
Our America Square Conference Centre is situated near Tower Hill, it is our only city conference venue. To top it off, we have the famous London Wall in between our conference rooms. The London Wall brings an inspirational ambience to our clients’ conferences and meetings. It is quite impressive how we are in a contemporary building where we store one of the historic relics.
We do not offer tours for you to see this iconic wall, however we do provide excellent customer service when you hold your event with us. If you choose our delegate day rate, our efficient catering team will consistently deliver a high-quality meal whilst you get to spend time viewing the wall. You will not find this anywhere else!
Museum of London will be closing
The other section of the London Wall, which is widely seen in the Museum of London, will be closing its doors on December 4, 2022. They are preparing for relocation to West Smithfield to start their next new chapter. However, don’t worry! They will not be closing their doors without a celebration.
The Museum of London plans to celebrate on the last weekend in November, with a DJ, theatre, and activities. On December 3rd and 4th, they will be paying tribute to the city’s party scene and host a late-night film festival.
Facts about the London Wall
- The London Roman Wall was built around 190 and 220 AD and stretched for approximately three miles from Blackfriars to Tower Hill.
- The wall was about 2.5 miles long, enclosing an area of about 330 acres.
- It originally included four city gates with an additional entrance into the legionary fortress at Cripplegate.
- The Roman wall remained standing after the Roman army departed in AD 410.
- The Wall continued to influence the development of the city street plan through the Middle Ages and beyond.
Contact our team to enquire for next year bookings on this email firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our staff will respond to you, we look forward to hearing from you.
At Cavendish Venues we are committed to exceeding your expectations, and with over 93% repeat business we know we're doing something right!