Episode 2 –Transport
Transport accounts for more than a ¼ of the UK’s carbon emissions and rising. The key to understanding this issue is understand the impacts of different transport methods, I have listed out some of the major types below: (showing carbon omissions per passenger per kilometre)
Transport Type Emissions per passenger
Short Haul Flight 130g/km
Long Haul Flight 105 g/km
Ford Mondeo 1+1 93g/km
Toyota Prius 1+1 52g/km
NB- it is important to point out that things are not quite as simple as this i.e. emissions from airlines are particularly problematic due to the height they are released, overall this concentrates the problem meaning airline omissions are 2.5 times more damaging that ground level omissions.
Here at Cavendish we have introduced a number of initaives to reduce vehicle transport ideas for further reduction would be greatly appreciated.
- Annual independent transport survey showing cause of all vehicle movements to the centres.
- Annual survey of delegates asking what would induce them to use public transport more
- As a result of the point above we have put the maps to the individual venues on page 1 of our website
- Series of supplier forums to facilitate load sharing
- All company vehicles are now electric
- Company sponsored cycles
- Free webcasting offered
At Cavendish Venues we are committed to exceeding your expectations, and with over 93% repeat business we know we're doing something right!