Best Successful Conference Centre Breakout Sessions Guide
Here at Cavendish Venues, we know a productive breakout session is a significant tool for executing a successful event in a conference centre. However, if there is no clear goal, they can often be a waste of time. Follow our short guide on how to plan and implement an effective breakout session and ideas for your next conference.
What makes a good breakout session?
Resourceful and enjoyable event breakout sessions are usually related to the event theme. The best event breakout sessions include an interactive feature that builds engagement and recognises the distinction of a breakout from more subdued conference moments, such as keynote and panel discussions.
How to plan an interactive breakout session?
The beauty of the breakout is your ability to adapt to the needs of your event and audience. There are workshop opportunities for groups of all sizes, whether you are a large conference or a smaller lecture. Follow these tips to create the best breakout options for your event.
Time your breakouts logically
Timing is more complex than staying on schedule, it is important as well. If you scheduled your breakout sessions too late in the day, attendees may be focused on going home and engagement may fall. The best time to schedule a breakout session is after your first break as everyone would be refreshed.
Use tech to increase breakout session success
Encourage participation and make it simpler to share ideas with tech-based tools:
- Live polling apps such as Glisser or sli.do can collect and display audience responses in real-time.
- Digital whiteboard app to present workshop group notes on a big screen for a whole group discussion.
Build buzz to boost breakout session participation
Collaborative games and activities help boost attendance and interactivity during event breakout sessions. Some possibilities to consider:
- Hand out raffle tickets in exchange for attendance and provide tickets for participation.
- Reward attendees for reaching objectives with branded pens, gift cards or app download codes.
- Create invite-only workshops to encourage participation. Enable participants to unlock invitations by visiting a specific number of booths or attending a pre-set session schedule.
If you would like to book your next event or meeting with us, we would be delighted to hear from you. Just email email@example.com or telephone us on 020 7706 7700.
At Cavendish Venues we are committed to exceeding your expectations, and with over 93% repeat business we know we're doing something right!