Best Interesting Facts About Queen Elizabeth II
Our London Conference Venues are thinking of the Queen and her family, we will be paying our respects to her on the 19th of September 2022. In the meantime, we would like to share with you the best interesting facts about the Queen who lived a lasting brilliant, loving, and admirable life.
- Queen was born in the early hours of 2:40 am on 21st April 1926
- She was christened Elizabeth Alexandra Mary at Buckingham Palace on 29th May in the same year.
- At the time she was third in line to the throne after Edward Prince of Wales (later became King Edward VIII), and her father, the Duke of York.
- Princess Elizabeth learned French from many French and Belgian governesses. This skill has helped The Queen enormously, especially on her visits to French-speaking countries.
- Queen Elizabeth learned to ride horses and became a strong swimmer.
- The Queen was raised in a loving and supportive family with her sister Margaret and her parents.
- They led a quiet life before her father’s accession to the throne in 1936.
- The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh’s life changed remarkably when King George VI’s health began to decline in 1951 and they were needed to support him in his duties.
- The couple’s Royal working life began urgently as they managed several Commonwealth visits.
We have found these facts on the royal website, if you would like to know more about the Queen this is a great website to do so!
At Cavendish Venues we are committed to exceeding your expectations, and with over 93% repeat business we know we're doing something right!