Act of God?
One of our clients has declared that the supreme body has intervened in the form of the ash volcanoes of Iceland. For reasons which aren’t really clear to me this means that the client believes they have the right to void the contract they have with us. This places us in a dilemma i.e.:
- Should we seek to verify if the attendees of this conference really can’t attend the conference, in much the same way as an insurance company would seek verification?
- What level of verification should we seek, we simply aren’t geared up for this
- Why should we bear the cost of this cancellation?
- From now on should we charge organisers of events for international events more, commiserate to the increased risk
- Should we try to segment clients according to the likelihood of god intervening in a detrimental way to them and hence to us.
The whole thing is a recipe for madness, we would rather leave god out of it and stick with the untranslatable French ‘ Force Majeure’
Mayfair Conference Centre, Cavendish Conference Centre, Hallam Conference Centre, America Square Conference Centre, ICO Conference Centre
At Cavendish Venues we are committed to exceeding your expectations, and with over 93% repeat business we know we're doing something right!