That’s the introduction tomorrow’s cliff hanger Energy.
On the eve of the Copenhagen Climate Change conference there seems to be an absolute consensus that energy produced through burning carbon and the resulting carbon omissions is unsustainable in the short term. The last academic body to dispute the America Association of Petroleum Engineers changed their tune earlier this year.
Speaking for ourselves we audit all of our inputs on an annual basis, our heating and cooling bill is colossal. We have now shifted to a green energy supplier, i.e. a supplier who is exempt from the governments carbon levy. This is itself has been very difficult as in common with many other venues we have a variety of supplies i.e. ½ hourly meters, daily meters etc. Many of the smaller green energy suppliers struggle to offer prices for ½ hour meters, larger business to business suppliers like EON offer carbon levy free supplies.
We have combined this with a comprehensive attempt to reduce our need for energy as far as possible. For example:
- Windows that open, rather than the sealed units necessitating cooling on hot days
- Use of opaque glass again to reduce the need for extra cooling
- Heat pump technology with over 80% energy reclaim for the main AC units
- Low energy bulbs throughout
- Twice daily meter readings to minimise leakage
- Light bulbs in many rooms set on motion detectors to minimise unnecessary use.
At Cavendish Venues we are committed to exceeding your expectations, and with over 93% repeat business we know we're doing something right!