Welcome back face to face in venue events!
Amazing, we can have face to face in venue events again! The cycle of events will hopefully recover, will go on and on. We will all survive indeed strive in the industry we love so much.
In the beginning of this crisis lots of different organisations, largely government, were claiming the same old cliché “‘we are here for you” and “we are in this together” and no doubt every “Tom, Dick and Harry” has been saying the same thing but, realistically, during this crisis who has been there for whom? We all have tried to survive in the best way we can, both privately and in business. We have fought for every penny we could get to support our businesses, our staff. Thankfully, we are still here fighting to keep jobs and to keep our business alive for YOU, our clients for the future so you can have face to face in venue events again.
The cycle of life in events will persevere, survive and indeed flourish again in the future. With some luck the 700,000 lives that have been put on hold for the last year will bounce back, live events will recover as will people but the scars will be there for a long time!
We need to band together and make sure we all work towards a better future in the Events Industry so we can continue to support the great British economy and grow our incredible industry and its people to where it has been and where it will be again. We need to help and encourage younger generations coming along to be attracted to what has been and will again offer amazing opportunities.
Following Prime Minister’s press briefing on Monday 10th May and his confirmation of the move to the next step, here is the recap of Step 3 in Government’s Roadmap to Recovery:
- From Monday 17 May indoor hospitality can reopen and indoor entertainment can resume, including cinemas, museums, and children’s play areas.
- Up to 6 people or 2 households will be able to meet indoors and up to 30 people outdoors.
- All remaining outdoor entertainment can reopen, such as outdoor cinemas and performances. Some larger events will be able to take place, including conferences, theatre and concert performances, and sports events. Restrictions on the number of attendees will remain as set out in the Roadmap.
- International travel can begin to safely reopen from 17 May, allowing people to go on foreign holidays to ‘green’ list countries. Strict border control measures will remain in place, including pre-departure tests and a PCR test on or before day two of their arrival back in the UK.
- Face coverings will no longer be needed in classrooms or for students in communal areas in secondary schools and colleges. Twice weekly home testing will remain to control infection rates.
- All remaining university students will be eligible to return to in-person teaching and learning from May 17, and should get tested twice a week upon return.
- Up to 30 people will now be able to attend weddings, receptions, and commemorative events including wakes, as well as standalone life-cycle events. These can take place outdoors or at any indoor Covid secure venue that is permitted to open. The number of people able to attend a funeral will be determined by the number that can be safely accommodated in the venue with social distancing in place.
- 30 people will be able to attend a support group or parent and child group. The limit will not apply to children under 5.
- Organised adult sport and exercise classes can resume indoors and saunas and steam rooms may reopen.
- Care homes residents will be able to have up to five named visitors, with two visitors able to attend at once provided they are tested and follow infection control measures. Residents will also have greater freedoms to leave their home without having to isolate on their return.
- RT @UKHospKate: All the very best of luck to our resilient, dynamic, innovative hospitality family opening their doors from tomorro… https://t.co/UF5Vn2lhEQ,
- RT @UKHospKate: A reminder to any EU workers in hospitality currently on furlough that they can still apply for settled status and… https://t.co/k8uGtzOo8l,
At Cavendish Venues we are committed to exceeding your expectations, and with over 93% repeat business we know we're doing something right!