Easter Cookie Bars!
With the Easter long weekend upon us, most of us are now finding ourselves with a few days off to relax, or finally get around to whatever we’ve been putting off lately! Some of you might have a few days off to spend with kids and family. So why not bake some delicious Easter treats?
The great thing about this recipe – other than the fact that its super easy – is that you can use any of your favourite Easter chocolates inside!
Once again, don’t forget to tag us on social media if you do bake any of our delicious recipes – we love seeing what you’re getting up to at home!
Keep safe and well, we’ll see you all very soon!
Easter Cookie Bars
Yield: Makes about 12 pieces
- 275g Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Cornflour
- 115g Unsalted butter/Spread
- 55g Sugar
- 135g Light Brown Sugar (if you don’t have any, just use normal sugar!)
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 100g Chocolate Chips
- 300g Cadbury Mini Eggs or any other Easter chocolate of your choice (crème eggs will be very oozy)
- Preheat the oven to 170o Prepare a 9” square tin with some parchment or baking paper.
- Combine the flour, bicarbonate of soda, salt and cornflour in a bowl and whisk so its evenly blended.
- Melt the butter (either in the microwave or on the hob) and pour into a larger mixing bowl.
- Add the sugar to the butter and whisk with a handheld electric whisk or by hand for approximately two minutes until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is smooth.
- Add the egg and vanilla to the mixture and whisk again to combine.
- Add in the bowl of flour, the chocolate chips and most of the mini eggs (keep a few aside). Mix with a spatula or your hands until you form a cookie dough.
- Tip the dough into the parchment lined tin and press down. Press the last few mini eggs into the top for decoration.
- Bake for approximately 20 – 25 minutes, until the tray is an even, golden colour and the edges of the cookie are firm.
- Let the cookie cool in the tin for about 10 minutes before removing it.
- Once cooled, cut the cookie into square pieces! Store in an airtight container to keep fresh.
- Respondents globally reported that 2023 would be the year when meetings and business events revenue surpassed 2019… https://t.co/d9omfw1TY3,
- RT @Headlinemoney_: Money writers at #HMMasterclass return after delicious lunch at @CavendishUK America Square Conference Centre! Rea… https://t.co/VUB1s58ohO,
At Cavendish Venues we are committed to exceeding your expectations, and with over 93% repeat business we know we're doing something right!