Cavendish Venues Recycling Report Year Ending 31/12/2019
Trees Saved: 119
CO2 Saved: 21 Tons
Cardboard Recycled: 4000 kg
Food Recycled: 2625 kg
Mixed Recycling: 10,500 kg
- Source firstmile.co.uk annual material collection reports
In 2020 we aim to significantly increase quantities recycled; initiatives include:
- Hugely increasing the number of recycling bins in the venues
- Increasing the range of bins, i.e. introducing bins for coffee grounds etc, the product is then transformed into coffee logs for the domestic market.
- Incentivising staff to increase recycling rates
- Commissioning an audit by first mile of our current recycling practices and how we can improve
- Widely publishing our offer of planting a tree for any sensible suggestion as to how we can increase recycling
- Offering a discount to organisers if they take waste away with them
- Offering Vegan menu’s
- Redesigning our 2020 menus with a view to reducing food waste i.e. slightly decreasing plate sizes but offering more wider choices.
If you are looking for Central London conference venues or meeting spaces. Venues who truly take sustainability seriously look no further than Cavendish Venues. We believe that when it comes to sustainability, we are the leading London and City of London meeting room and conference space providers. For fuller details see https://www.cavendishvenues.co.uk/green-venues-london/
At Cavendish Venues we are committed to exceeding your expectations, and with over 93% repeat business we know we're doing something right!