Ten things that we learned in our first year at the Hallam
- If you are going to have a major leak on your first day of operation if it is going to happen anywhere it is better that it leaks on top of your foreman’s head as it will be fixed immediately they are afraid of water.
- Never, ever allow builders to be alone for a day in a spotlessly clean venue.
- Despite having the world and the builders wife on site, handover clean is not actually clean…it’s a very grey area, it’s a very dusty grey area. It’s actually the area of the whole building
- Everything looks better after some soap, water and elbow grease but all three need to be applied at once for it to work.
- Some Suppliers lie.
- A few suppliers lie a lot.
- There are suppliers who do not seem to be using the same calendar as you.
- We know a Supplier that has no concept of what not having 250 chairs that match means to you.
- Worse still they also had no concept of what not having 250 chairs that match means to your client.
- It’s always good to have four other venues, two men, a small van and a dedicated team so you don’t have to disappoint a client.
At Cavendish Venues we are committed to exceeding your expectations, and with over 93% repeat business we know we're doing something right!